Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Post-Valentine's Day Love Post

I have always had mixed feelings about Valentine's Day. When single, V-Day sucks. When hitched, V-Day can be great. I feel that Valentine's Day has become way too commercialized and over the top but I don't want to be a jaded person who can't celebrate this romantic day. I decided to start to view Valentine's Day as a day that is not just about romantic love but about love in general. I tried to tell as many people as possible that I loved them (my mom, dad, husband, siblings, roommates, students and girlfriends) and we celebrated love at school.

Here are a few things that I loved about LOVE day:

I LOVE that one of my students hand wrote and decorated every single one of his valentines and included personalized messages for his friends (for his little girlfriend, he wrote "You are really pretty and very kind") and for me "Tu es tres gentille et jolie. J'aime toi" (which roughly translates to "You are really nice and pretty. I love you")

I LOVE that my husband left me a little surprise gift beside the bed in the morning to start my day off with a huge smile in my heart.

I LOVE that nearly everyone at school wore pink or red- SO pretty to see!

I LOVE that a little boy in my class brought me a single rose the day AFTER Valentine's Day (likely taken from his mom's V-Day gift haha) and shoved it at me and said "This is for you Madame!" and ran away.



 I LOVE the mushy romantic country songs being played on my fave country station all day.

I LOVE that hubs and I didn't do something crazy and just stayed in with take out and candles and celebrated in a low-key way.

I LOVE that I sold my first teaching unit on Teachers Pay Teachers today!! (If you're a teacher, check out my Valentine's Day and Penguin themed units on TPT! I'm brand new to it but I think I've made some pretty ok units). This seriously made me jump up and down for joy.

I LOVE that my kinders created Project Love kits (a education project where students in Canada raise money and send school supplies to students in developing countries) and were given only the basic supplies to put in their kits but tried to add their own crayons and supplies from our classroom because "the kids don't have much and we have lots". SO stinkin adorable!

I hope you all had LOVE-filled V-Days! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment