Friday, January 27, 2012

10 Things That Make a Snow/Rain/Slush Day Better

After my admittedly whiny, negative blog post about the miserable weather, I thought I should create a post that reflects the way I live life. I always try to fix a bad mood or in this case a bad day (and bad week, if I'm honest) with things that make me happy and make my heart lighter.

So here it is, a silly post about what makes a miserably cold, dreary, slushy day allll better.

1. Wine. Enough said.

2. Handsome, Hunky Husbands Who Heart You (sorry, couldn't help myself. I love my hubby and I love alliteration.. I'm a nerdy teacher- sue me)

3. Coke Zero

4. A hot mug of peppermint tea

5.  Warm, snuggly blankets from Chapters.



6. This animal. Her slobbery kisses make my cold heart melt.



7. Non-teacher friends who listen patiently to your *educabitchin* (i.e whining about school stuff and dumb snow-day policies) and whole heartedly agree with you even though they have no idea what nonsense you're talking about. (Love you girls!!)


(A couple oldies for ya ladies)


8. The student whose parents didn't realize the busses were cancelled and stayed at the school for an extra couple hours. Her brave smile and the "tricks" and scary monster pop ups we played on many staff members today made me love kids and their innocence even more.

9. The fireplace channel on TV. (And pretending to warm your hands by it.. I swear they kinda feel warmer after)

10. These awesome blogs I've just come across:

Darlin' in First  Button



Project 3 Designs   Button



Teaching in High Heels     Teaching in High Heels





Ms. Preppy      Button


And I am going to cheat (yes teachers are allowed to do that sometimes) and toss in number 11:

11. All of you!! Thanks for reading my nonsense blog. Je t'aime!

No comments:

Post a Comment