Monday, January 23, 2012

Bachelor Run Date...Ruined

So this post may end up making me seem crazy (correction- *crazier*) but I need to vent, and as my wonderful hubby has just said "Are you going to blog about this? 'Cuz you should. Isn't that what a blog is for?" (Yep- just one of the gazillions of reasons I heart him).

So hubs and I are training for a half marathon (his first) and have decided that to make a training schedule work with our busy and different schedules, we would try to start on training on the treadmills at the gym. We both have a secret (well not anymore, eh?) obsession with the show The Bachelor and thought it would be fun to watch it while doing our Monday runs.

This worked out great for our first few weeks of training but today we showed up at the gym, promised our first born (ok ok we paid the drop in fee), searched through 20 machines (seriously... I counted) and finally found two semi close together that had sound and started our jog just before our beloved joy began.

Then .... dum dum dum.... the TVs weren't set to the right channel!! Never fear! I scurried off to *ever-so-sweetly* ask the staff to change the channel for us. And they refused!! Like just flat out said NO. I'm not sure who was more disappointed, me or Mr. Hubby :( Poor soul just wanted to see who got the rose!!

Anyway, whilst on the topic... I thought I'd put in my two cents about this season of the Bachelor.

1. Not really sure how I feel about this season's bachelor. Is he cute? Do I like his longish, curly-ish hair? Very much on the fence about this one (so is my husband).

2.  One of the girls on the show may actually appear in my nightmare tonight. She is truly frightening.

3. I have yet to decide who I think he will marry (or have a brief, phony engagement with and then very heinous and public break up with) but I think that these two are my top picks:

Kacie, 24 - Administrative Assistant

or

Nicki, 26 - Dental Hygienist

4. I fall a little more in love with my husband every time we have an in-depth conversation about the shenanigans of the bachelorettes and the ridiculous wonderful-ness of this show. The fact that he "pretends" to like the show for me (had to put that in here unless he reads this... The boy would murder me if I told him I'm blogging about this stuff) is pretty awesome.

Anyone else watching this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment