Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Power of 'One'

So I guess I am officially a blogger- today I got my first follower. After hours and hours of cursing at my computer (yes, people- it is totally my computer's fault. It should know how to do these things!!) and messing around with fonts and headers, etc. I have finally set up my blog the way I want it (at least for now... Knowing me- I will continue to obsess over it).

Anyway, I'd like to thank my one lovely 'follower' for absolutely making my day. Heather over at Heather's Heart (a fantastic blog for firsties- you should check it out!) made me actually jump for joy by joining my blog today and by posting sweet comments about my ramblings. I was over at my parents' place for dinner at the time and my family just looked at me like I was crazy. I showed them my blog and Heather's comments and her logo under the "My followers" section of my blog and then showed them her blog. They were all "you only have 1 follower?" and I would normally have pouted but I was just so HAPPY!! My husband gave me a big hug because he knows how much of a blog nut I am and how pleased I was that someone other than him checked out my site.

This is the Power of One- One little action, one follower, one short comment and sweet action made my entire day. I know it seems silly but it gave me that little gold star that I was secretly hoping for after all my hard work. Thanks Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment